Monday, October 13, 2014

Taking Shots of Healthy: Why You Won't Get A Hangover Tomorrow

 

About a year ago, I was at a friend's house when we were abruptly awoken in the morning by my buddy's dad. "Let's take some shots!", he said. Question marks go through my head. This can't be real. What happened next turned into me copying a regimen that has become a ritual for me, when I can afford it. He lined up four shot glasses, pouring four colorful shots into each one and we drank them. And no, mind numbness did not ensue. Instead it was quite the opposite. The "Grand Slam" as it's been coined consists of a shot of wheatgrass, lemon, ginger, and cranberry. You take them at the same time and while it's bitter, sour, and possibly even gross at first, it makes you feel great immediately for you. I promise. Some people don't know what wheatgrass is. Wheatgrass is the "young grass of the wheat plant, Triticum aestivum". It grows in temperate regions throughout Europe and the United States and happens to be fantastic for you. One ounce equates into one ounce of fresh vegetables. The color usually scares people off (bright green) and while I admit it actually tastes like grass, the other shots kind of balance out the bad tastes. So it's not that bad. Doing this regimen has been said to create a very natural buzz of energy and I've got to say I've experienced this first hand. I think we should all be eating/drinking healthier, especially after long weekends out with friends (total hangover cure). So I really do encourage all those potentially interested to try this out. Like I said before, it's not cheap and actually few health stores carry all the ingredients because they have to be kept fresh. Arden's Garden has a few locations in Atlanta that you can check out. So go for the Grand Slam. You just might be glad you did!


You can check them out at:


No comments:

Post a Comment