Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Georgia Bulldogs: Escaping Mediocrity

 




So I don't know how many people are talking about this right now, but as a diehard Bulldog fan I think there is some cause for concern. Yes our team has lost but one game this year (South Carolina). And it was a close one at a hostile location that had disputable calls. That's okay. The rest of the games we've won, but I'm still concerned. And here's why: I fear our team won't last the season. Every year the Bulldogs are ranked high (almost always top 15 at least) and are hyped up with top players (ever heard of Todd Gurley?). But injuries have plagued the team in past years, keeping us from performing well in big games late in the season. Don't get me wrong, I've got the highest hopes for our boys this season. As a senior, I hope we can go all the way. I'm just tired of ESPN and other critics saying our team can't win the big game. I think we've paid our dues. We have a coach in Mark Richt who has been called the "Charlie Brown" of college football. In other words the nice guy who just can't catch a break. I for one am tired of this assumption. Yes, our schedule is always tough. We play in the best conference in the country. Yes, injuries happen to every team. It's a brutal part of the game. But I think it's time for this team to hunker down and take advantage of this season. We've got a potential Heisman Trophy winner in Todd Gurley who the country knows is truly special. We've got talent on both sides of the ball even though our secondary isn't perfect. Heck if anyone can coach these guys up it's Jeremy Pruitt, our new defensive coordinator. So listen I apologize for my slight rant, but I honestly think it needs to be said. I am a proud to be a Dawg no matter how our season ends up. However I think I speak for most of us when I say we are ready to see these guys go all the way. So strap in, sit down, and let's finish strong.











No comments:

Post a Comment